Hii Lovlies! Tonight I watched a really cool documentary about yoga and the path to enlightenment. It was very intriguing. I have decided to start my own journey with yoga. For years I have taken yoga classes on and off, and I am also a very religious person. Throughout the years, especially in college, I have strayed away from God and my faith but I have since asked forgiveness and have been renewed by the Lord. I still do not read my bible ever night and all my Joel Osteen books, I start but never finish. My faith is super important to me and I feel bad that I haven’t been the best christian.
So this journey is just going to be a way for me to get back to my faith and getting into the practice of yoga and becoming a true yogi. I have loved every yoga class I have taken, I guess I just don’t have enough drive or whatever to go to the gym or yoga studio everyday. This is also I challenge for me to become a better more efficient person. By forcing myself to go to yoga everyday and read my bible and books everyday, I am also forcing myself to become a more responsible and focused person. There is so much I want in life and I can’t seem to get there. Mostly because of my weight since I dont want to do anything at the weight I am now. So since I am not losing the weight my life is at a stand still. I had a though about this journey, maybe if i am focusing all my energy on something other than my weight, then it will come off easily. I will still weight myself every other day or maybe if I can wait it out, every week. I will measure myself every day or every other day and i will be able to tell if i am losing weigh by the way my clothes are fitting.
Here is what I plan to do on the journey to my true self:
1) yoga dvd every morning .. and on afternoon/evenings when I can’t make it to a gym or studio.
2) bikram yoga every afternoon
3) protein shakes before and after bikram
4) try to stay on liquids, including soups… LOTS of water!!!!
5) if I do eat, only organic foods that make me feel good not bogged down
6) do my 21 day prayer challenge
7) finish my Joel Osteen book
8) buy Joel Osteen bible and read every night, write in prayer/devotional journal
9) if I have energy at night do pilates video for more toning and abs
So that’s all folks! :) If anyone is interested in taking on this journey with me let my know. I will be doing it for at least 21 days, then I’ll go from there. You don’t have to be a christian to do this, just a thirst for a better body, mind, and soul!